The King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency
His Majesty's Vision
“We said from the start that our priorities are to continue our quest for building a new modern Jordan, an institutions-based State, and fostering a society that enjoys justice, equality, equal opportunities and respect of human rights. These quests are vitally linked to the achievement of a comprehensive renaissance, at the forefront of which is economic development, whose effects are reflected on citizens' life, and their standards of living. Personally, my main concern, is to provide a free and dignified life for each and every Jordanian. With God's help, our trust in the future is substantial.”
Interview with His Majesty King Abdullah II with Abu Dhabi Television.
♦ Award Establishment
The King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency was established by a Royal Decree in 2002 to develop and improve the performance of the ministries and public institutions in serving the Jordanian community and investors by increasing the awareness of distinguished performance concepts, quality and transparency and highlighting the exceptional efforts of the public sector institutions whilst presenting their accomplishments in the development of their systems and services. The Award is considered the highest award of excellence for the public sector on the national level.
The Award aims to enrich the culture of excellence in the public sector, which is based on three main pillars: customer focus, results orientation and transparency.
♦ Award Objectives
The Award aims to ensure that the public sector is implementing its tasks with quality, efficiency and professionalism. It also aims to provide a guiding reference, and standards for measuring the progress and development in the performance of ministries and public institutions, and promote the exchange of expertise among public sector institutions and sharing their success stories regarding the successful management practices.
♦ Mechanizm of Participation in the Award
- Participating in the Award is mandatory for all ministries and public institutions, this happens gradually as mentioned in the Royal Decree of establishing the Award.
- Participating ministries / institutions in each cycle are determined by the Board of Trustees according to the type of services delivered to the customers either citizens or investors or other institutions.
- Once the ministry or institution participate in the Award, it participates automatically in the coming cycles.
- New participating ministries / institutions enter the preliminary stage to prepare for the official participation in subsequent cycles after familiarizing themselves with the Award and its criteria.
- Nomination for the Distinguished Government Employee category is compulsory. Each participating ministry / institutions is required to nominate one employee for each of the Award's categories.
♦ Rewards of Winning the Award
- Winning the King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency is considered a major achievement for the winning organization, and a recognition of its effective and efficient performance, in addition to considering the winning organization as a role model.
- The winning organizations receive the trophy of the King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency and a certificate of appreciation, which is considered a motivation for the winning organization for being the excellent and most efficient organization in its category. The results are announced at a big ceremony held under the Royal Patronage.
- The winning ministry/organization may use the Award’s logo – set by the Center – on its publications and website for a period of one cycle from receiving the Award. The organization may also announce and promote its achievement.
- After announcing the results, each participating ministry/organization receives an assessment report based on the Award’s criteria clarifying its strengths and areas for improvement, to help it achieve continuous improvement on its performance.
For more details : http://www.kaa.jo