About the Center
- King Abdullah II Center for Excellence was founded in January 2006
- The Center was issued according to Bylaw Number (6) of the Year 2006
- King Abdullah II Center for Excellence is the national reference for quality and excellence among public, private, business associations, educational service providers and non-governmental institutions.
- The role of the King Abdullah II Centre for Excellence is to promote continuing excellence in the aforementioned sectors for the purpose of increasing Jordan's international competitiveness to help secure a sustainable, prosperous future for Jordan.
To be the primary catalyst in developing a more consistently competitive Jordan.
King Abdullah II Center for Excellence aims at promoting a culture of excellence in Jordan and the Region through developing excellence frameworks and assessment criteria based on international best practices, assessing organizations' performance, managing King Abdullah II awards for excellence and promoting excellence to public sector, private sector, not-for-profit and non-governmental organizations
The role of the King Abdullah II Centre for Excellence is to promote continuing excellence in the public sector, private sector, business associations and non-governmental organizations and Education Services Providers for the purpose of increasing Jordan's international competitiveness to help secure a sustainable, prosperous future for Jordan.
The Center aims at:
- Promoting the culture of excellence through promoting awareness about concepts of distinguished performance, innovation and quality in line with international excellence models.
- Providing a guidance reference and standards to measure the performance of public sector, private sector, not-for-profit and non-governmental organizations, and promoting positive competition among them.
- Measuring the progress and development in the performance of public sector entities, based on the Award criteria.
- Excellence in service delivery
- Professionalism and Ethical Behavior
- Employees nurturing and development
- Meet stakeholders' expectations and exceed them.
- Customer Satisfaction is what matters
- Our customer is our partner
- Equal Opportunities
- Commitment and loyalty to the Center
The Board of Trustees
According to the Center’s bylaw, the Board consists of the Chairman, who is appointed by a Royal Decree, and not less than nine experienced and qualified members appointed by the Chairman for a period of two years subject to renewal.
The Steering Committee
This is a sub-committee of the Board of Trustees assigned to follow up on the Center’s work progress, adopt issues to be presented to the Board of Trustees, and follow up on the implementation of the Board’s decisions.
The Executive Director
The Executive Director reports directly to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and is responsible for implementing the decisions of the Board of Trustees
Awards Managed by the Center
- King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency
- The Distinguished Government Employee Award
- Excellence in Public Service Award
- Innovation in Public Sector Award
- King Abdullah II Award for Excellence for Private Sector
- Jordanian Exporter Award
- Environmental Sustainability Award
- King Abdullah II Award for Excellence for Business Associations and Not-for-Profit Organizations Sector